- Louis Coleman Skelly, Skerries & Edgeworthstown
- Amanda Pasanova, Shannon Park
- Darragh Thomas McEntee, Cranley and Lucan
- Alex Michael Hussey, Carrickboy
~ February ~
- Luka Vincent Daly, Bracklin
- Ema Dapkus, Devine Crescent
- Thomas Sean Reynolds, Gneeve
~ March ~
- Jason Daniel Greene and Megan Kate Greene, River Park, Edgeworthstown
- Noel Patrick Brian Stokes, Corboy
~ April ~
- Maya Ogbodu Idomele, Back of Main Street
- Milo Noel Heslin, Chestnut View and Dublin
- Lawrence James Goehlert, Chestnut View and Dubai
- Ava Maria O’Kane, Abhainn Glas
- Saoirse Laura Harvey, Garryandrew and Essex
- Charlie Salinger, Cloverwell Close
- John Paul Comiskey, Shannon Park
- Mia-Rose Burke Jones, Wolfe Tone Court
~ May ~
- Bryan Machado, Lisogue
- Lylah Rose McEntire Whelan, Springtown, Granard
~ June ~
- Charlie Michael Mulkearns, Cam
- Sean Christopher Nolan, St. Patrick’s Terrace
- Jake Damian Wenman, Cloverwell
- Mason Niall Kenny, Devine Crescent
~ July ~
- Vayda Brenda Lynch, The Avenue, Mullinga
- Ava Kate Walker, Lisnanagh
- Jayla Josephine Nina Wenman, Kilbride Park
- Michael Dennis Stokes, Oakvale, Longford
- Robert Owen Holwett, Coolamber and Lucan
- Brooke Nova Gilchriest, Devine Crescent
- Lucy Margaret McLoughlin, Kilsallagh
- Amelia Rose Conway Kenny, Lackan and Royal Canal Avenue, Longford
- Nan Hughes (nee Keenan), London, formerly St. Patrick’s Terrace
- Sr. Columba Rattigan, Our Lady’s Manor
- Patsy Owens, Kilmore, Streete
~ February ~
- Ciara Conefrey
- Fr. Ned O’Hara, Lisryan
~ March ~
- Ellen Cully nee McLoughlin, Bracklin who died recently in New York
- Kathleen Mullen, formerly of Abbeylara who died recently in Manchester
- Luke Kiernan, Boherquill
- Joan Duffy, Dublin and Coolamber Manor
- Sean Reilly, brother of Oliver Reilly, Coralanna, who died recently in America
~ April ~
- Helen Kearney, Granard Street
- Josie Carroll, Aughafin
- Lily O’Farrell, Corboy
- Nora McLoughlin, wife of James McLoughlin, formerly of Granard St., who died in London on Monday 9th April. Burial will take place in London
~ May ~
- Thomas (Tommy) Keenaan, Aughnageera
- Elizabeth (Liz) Devine, Kenagh, formerly of St. Patrick’s Terrace
- Brendan MaGuire, Rathowen
- Eugene Heavey, Ardagh Parish who died recently in North Carolina
- Brian (Barney) McBride, Glenageary, Dublin and formerly Edgeworthstown
~ June ~
- Tommy Keary, originally from Clonkeen who died recently in Canada
- Eileen Loughrey (nee Heavey), Cadamstown, Broadford, Co. Kildare and formerly of Edgeworthstown
- Sr. Reena Dawson, Shalom
- Colin Donegan, Lisnagrish
- Thomas Kearney, Granard Street
~ July ~
- Tom Blessington, Lisryan
- Sean Nolan, Devine Crescent
- Patrick (Paddy) Kiernan, Cam
~ August ~
- Rachel McHugh, Rinnenny
Click on any item to select hidden text
Parishes Working Together – Edgeworthstown – Rathowen – Streete
The three Roman Catholic parishes of St. Mary’s serve the adjacent communities of Edgeworthstown, County Longford and Streete and Rathowen, both in County Westmeath. We share a rich historic, cultural and literary tradition, counting Maria Edgeworth, Oliver Goldsmith and Oscar Wilde among those that lived or visited here. To this day there continues a vibrant and talented music, drama and written tradition, most delightfully practiced by our youngest generation.
Na trí paróistí Caitliceacha Rómhánacha Naomh Muire freastal ar na pobail in aice na Meathas Troim, Contae an Longfoirt agus Streete agus Ráth Eoghain, i gContae na hIarmhí. Roinnimid traidisiún stairiúil, cultúrtha agus liteartha saibhir, comhaireamh Maria Edgeworth, Oliver Goldsmith agus Oscar Wilde i measc iad siúd a raibh cónaí nó thug cuairt anseo. Go dtí an lá, tá fós le ceol bríomhar agus cumasach, drámaíocht agus traidisiún scríofa, an chuid is mó iontais chleachtadh ag ár ghlúin is óige.
Throughout the Diocese of Ardagh and Clonmacnois neighbouring parishes have been asked to explore ways of co-operating together which could lead to better communication and a better use of personnel and resources in providing the best possible service to our people. With this in mind our parishes of Edgeworthstown, Streete and Rathowen have begun a journey of exploration together.
Le linn an Deoise Ardach agus Chluain Mhic Nóis paróistí comharsanacha iarradh ar bhealaí comhoibriú le chéile a d’fhéadfadh bheith ina chúis le cumarsáid níos fearr agus úsáid níos fearr pearsanra agus acmhainní chun an tseirbhís is fearr is féidir a sholáthar dár ndaoine iniúchadh. Sin san áireamh inár bparóistí de Meathas Troim, Streete agus Ráth Eoghain tá tús curtha turas taiscéalaíochta chéile.
Saturday 6th Epiphany
Thursday 18th to 25th Week of Prayer for Christian Unity
Sunday 29th to 2nd February Catholic Schools Week:
Theme – Called to be a Family of Families
Thursday 1st Feast of St. Brigid
Friday 2nd Candlemas Day – blessing of candles
Saturday 3rd Feast of St. Blaise – blessing of throats
Wednesday 14th Ash Wednesday
Saturday 24th Confirmation Boherquill @ 3.00 p.m.
Saturday 24th Confirmation Rathowen @ 11.00 a.m.
Friday 9th Confirmation Edgeworthstown @ 4.00 p.m.
Saturday 17th St. Patrick’s Day
Wednesday 21st First Confession Edgeworthstown @ 7.00 p.m.
Sunday 25th Palm Sunday
Friday 30th Good Friday
Sunday 1st Easter Sunday
Wednesday 9th First Confession Rathowen @ 8.00 p.m.
Thursday 10th First Confession Boherquill @ 8.00 p.m.
Sunday 13th First Holy Communion Rathowen @ 11.00 a.m.
Saturday 12th First Holy Communion Edgeworthstown @ 12.00 noon
Sunday 20th Pentecost Sunday
Sunday 20th First Holy Communion Boherquill @ 11.00 a.m.
Sunday 3rd Cemetery Sunday Russagh
Sunday 10th Cemetery Sunday Rathaspic
Sunday 1st Streete Blessing of graves after 11.00 a.m. Mass in Streete and Rathowen
Sunday 1st Cemetery Sunday Aughafin @ 12.00 noon
Sunday 2nd Cemetery Sunday Streete @ 11.00 a.m.
Wednesday 15th Assumption of Our Lady
Tuesday 21st to Sunday 26th World Meeting of Families 2018
Thursday 1st All Saints
Sunday 2nd 1st Sunday of Advent
Saturday 8th Immaculate Conception
Tuesday 25th Christmas
Including services for our new communities -
Syro Malabar Mass / Polish Masses / Slovakian Mass / African Mass
Mass Times and Church Notices
Mass Times This Week:
| The Manor
|Sunday August 19th
20th Sunday in Ordinary Time
|11.00 a.m.||11.00 a.m.|
|Monday||11.00 a.m.||7.00 p.m.|
|Tuesday||11.00 a.m.||9.30 a.m.|
|Wednesday||11.00 a.m.||9.30 a.m.|
|Friday||11.00 a.m.||9.30 a.m.||8.00 p.m.|
|Saturday||Vigil Mass 7.00 p.m.||11.00 a.m.||8.00 p.m.|
August Sunday Masses:
St. Mary’s Edgeworthstown: Saturday vigil 7.00 p.m. Sunday 10.00 a.m. & 12 noon
The Manor, Edgeworthstown: Sunday 11.00 a.m.
St. Mary’s Rathowen: Sunday 11.00 a.m.
St. Mary’s Boherquill: Saturday vigil 8.00 p.m.
Masses on Sunday August 26th (Papal Visit)
In order to allow priests and people attend Mass with Pope Francis in the Pheonix Park there will be no 12.00 Mass on Sunday August 26th.
Masses as usual at 7.00 p.m. Saturday 25th and Sunday 26th at 10.00 a.m. in St. Mary’s Church and 11.00 a.m. in Our Ladys Manor.
Edgeworthstown (St. Mary’s Church):
Each week Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday after morning Mass until 8.00 p.m.
Friday 7.00 p.m. to 8.00 a.m.
Three months notice must be given to the Parish and to the State.
Pre Marriage course is required – ACCORD.
Parish Secretary (Edgeworthstown):
If you wish to book Anniversary Masses.
Also if you wish to contribute to Offertory Collections and to Priests Dues by way of the weekly envelope system the parish secretary will include you.
Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays 10.00 a.m. to 1.00 p.m.
St. Mary’s Church
Phone no. 043 6671046
Services for our New Communities:
Syro Malabar Mass on every first Saturday of the month at 4.30 p.m. in St. Mel’s Cathedral, Longford.
Contact: Fr. Reji Kurian, The Presbytery, Longford.
First and third Sunday each month at 5.00 p.m. in St. Mel’s Cathedral, Longford.
Confession at 4.30 p.m. when Polish Mass is celebrated.
Polish website: www.duszpasterstwowathlone.org
Contact: Fr. Krzysztof Przanowski, Polish Chaplaincy, St. Mary’s Presbytery, Athlone
Second Saturday of month @ 4.00 p.m. in St. Mel’s Cathedral.
Contact: Fr. Eugeen Ribinski.
Second Sunday of month @ 5.00 p.m. in St. Mel’s Cathedral.
Contact: Fr. Joseph Okere, The Presbytery, Longford.
~ Live Mass Streaming ~
Live Mass Streaming
Click HERE to watch Daily Masses:
Monday – Saturday: 8am, 10am, (November, Advent, Lent 7.30pm)
Saturday Vigil 7.30pm
Sunday: 8am, 10am, 11.30am, 1.00pm
Click HERE to watch Daily Masses live at 12 noon & 3pm (Sundays) and 3pm (Weekdays) during the Pilgrimage Season (last Sunday in April to 2nd Sunday in October).
Click HERE to watch Mass or another service from a listing of live church services currently on or upcoming within the next two hours.
Churches are in Ireland (North and South) and England.
Recent Baptisms and Deaths
We welcomed the following children into our Christian commmunity in recent weeks:
~ January 2018 ~
~ August ~
Please pray for the souls of our recently departed:-
~ January 2018 ~
Requiescant in Pace
Ar Dheis Dé go raibh a n-anaim
May they rest in peace and rise in glory
Saturday 7.00p.m: Pat Appleford, Mary Kelly McGrath
Sunday 10.00 a.m.: Ruth McKeon, Maria Noonan
Sunday 12 noon: Emma O’Reilly, Colm O’Reilly
MINISTERS OF THE EUCHARIST
Saturday 7.00p.m: Sr. Maureen Brennan, Sandra Durkan, Margaret Kelly
Sunday 10.00 a.m.: Liz Brady, Orla Noonan, John Cahill
Sunday 12.00 noon: Mary Kelly McGrath, Colm O’Reilly, Yvonne Tuite
Readings for Today
(Courtesy Irish Bishops Conference):
Thought for this Week
(Courtesy Fr. Tom Cox)
Sunday Newsletter 19-08-18 Thought For This Week
Diocese of Ardagh and Clonmacnois - Knock Shrine - Accord - St. Vincent de Paul - Safeguarding - General Register Office - World Meeting of Families 2018 - The Trócaire Romero Award
Daily Masses are available to watch live at 12 noon & 3pm (Sundays) and 3pm (Weekdays) during the Pilgrimage Season (last Sunday in April to 2nd Sunday in October).